fp articleGetting a Home

How Do I Apply?

Anyone interested in renting a house from Connswater Homes should contact the Northern Ireland Housing Executive (NIHE) and complete a housing application form. You can download the application form here but you must return it to the NIHE.

Download the Housing Application Form

Alternatively you can pick up the Housing/Transfer Application Form at any Housing Executive office.

NIHE staff assess all new applicants under a points system based on individuals circumstances and housing requirements. The selection scheme is a points based system. You will be assessed under the scheme, given points and ranked accordingly on the common waiting list. This common waiting list allows you to complete only one form yet get access to most housing associations in Northern Ireland as well as the Northern Ireland Housing Executive. See the Northern Ireland Housing Executive web site for more details.

Download the Selection Scheme Booklet

 tengetMutual Exchanges

  • This is where a tenant may be able to “swap” their house with another housing association tenant or an NIHE tenant.
  • Tenants must complete an application form available from the office and further information is available at the point of contact.

Internal Transfers

  • Connswater Homes operates an internal transfer waiting list for tenants wishing to move to another of its properties;
  • Transfers are based on need or housing management reasons;
  • Transfers are not normally granted unless you have lived in your current home for more than two years;
  • Download the Transfer Application Form.

Applying for Social Rented Housing from Outside Northern Ireland

If applying for Social Rented Housing from Outside Northern Ireland your eligibility for housing in Northern Ireland and your housing needs will be assessed in the same way as any other applicant, as a visit cannot be carried out, you will need to complete the Housing Transfer Application and Self-Assessment Form and return it to the NIHE.

Download the Self-Assessment Form for Application From Outside Northern Ireland